Saturday, February 27, 2010

Week to remember

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!

I proposed to Kelly Matten Thursday afternoon February 25, 2010. AND SHE SAID YES! This is such an exciting time for us and we begin planning now haha.

Apart from this exciting news this past Campaigner Weekend was one I will remember for a long time.
It was an incredible time with leaders and I felt truly encouraged and I believe the other leaders did also.

I will remember our cabin time Saturday night for the rest of my life.
We had a great discussion about Don Baker's talk, who by the way did an incredible job speaking! We talked about John 13:34-35 among other things. We discussed verse 35 when Jesus says, "By this all men will know you are my disciples, if you love one another." This is the brightest light we can shine to people. People will argue apologetics all day, but they have a very hard time arguing the power of love, Darrell Bock said.

After this discussion we gave prayer requests. Heavy things were shared. Very Heavy things. We prayed for everyone and said Amen, but a strange thing happened. No one made a sound. It took my about 10 seconds to realize that a one of the kids was in tears. Without a word one of the leaders got up and hugged one of the kids. Then one by one all 12 guys in the room came over and took a knee and put an arm around the kid. It was silent. All you heard was the sound of guys crying. I had a hand on the kids back and remember just feeling him cry. It was so quiet yet the tears were so noticeable. Don Baker earlier that night said, Jesus was a great listener, so great that he even hears our tears hit the pillow. As a staff person and leader I felt I should pray or say something, but there was no words. He was surrounded by followers of Christ who loved like John said we should, "My dear children, let us love not with words and tongue but with actions and in truth," 1 John 3:18.

This went on for about 10 minutes then finally we stood up and then comforted another as he cried.

People are hurting. Christians and non-Christians are perfectly alike in this way. People are dying for this message of truth and grace and life and comfort. All I can say is all of us in that room were given a very special picture of what Jesus meant when he said, love one another. I've never been so greatly impacted with such little words. We were there with and for one another. We didn't know the answers, we couldn't solve the problem, but we wrapped our arms around a brother and did our best impression of Jesus Christ in our lives.

I learned something that night. Jesus never promises the answers or a solution, but he promises his arms to surround us and his shoulder to cry on. We need this. And many people don't have it. It's Christ's example we follow to do it.

It was memorable to say the least. The weekend was so great and Campaigners the next night was phenomenal as well.

Thank you for you prayers! They worked in a deep way.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment