Thursday, October 29, 2009

Second YL Club

Our second club was great last night! We had a smaller group, but some new faces! The North Bay skit to sell the weekend went really great(thanks to Billy Brown and Taylor Robinette) and we had our camo T-shirts for the weekend done which looked great.

I did the talk and I think it went well. It got good feedback from kids and the other leaders.

I talked about belonging and how we want to be thought about. I used Facebook as an example of something we do to feel a part of something and to be thought about. At the end I tried to tie it together by saying something like, we are all being invited to follow Jesus just like he invited Levi. We are content with just scraping by with Facebook friend requests when the greatest invitation of all time is awaiting us! This great adventure and life with Christ is better than anything you got going. Then I said when you go home tonight and get on Facebook and see your friend requests, I would just ask you to think about the fact that Jesus Christ, the creator of the world and of YOU, is requesting you to be with him. What do you say?

Thank you so much for praying for it! Also, we got another North Bay deposit in!!! Myles Stanley, who is the man!

You are the greatest team I could ever ask for. Thanks a ton for your support and faithful prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment